CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Part Two: Baguio Escapade

I woke up and I was still cold--- that's how I remembered how I woke up last Monday. I had a long list of places to go but I was dragging myself to take a shower. I think I finally mustered the courage to bathe in cold waters at 9AM or 10AM. I forgot. But I do remembered it was sooo damn cold!

I got dressed and wore my Get Laud brown cardigan, my thrifted nude blouse which you all have seen from my posts before and instead of wearing the usual shorts, I wore leggings and my go-to flats from Penshoppe. I know I'd freeze if i wear shorts and people will stare like, "What the?!"

I will break down all the sights for you. First I went to the Mansion. The lawn was redesigned, of course, to give way to the symbol for which this present administration is popular for--- yellow ribbons!

It was overcast that day so sorry for the un-awesome pictures

tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree....   :-)
We can't come anywhere closer to the Mansion. This is the farthest I can go...


So after visiting the Mansion, I headed to the Pool of Pines which is just right across the Mansion. There you will see manongs and manangs who are selling all kind of stuff--- from puppets to huge oranges. I sampled one of the oranges and it was so good I did not mind paying P140 for three oranges.




See the Mansion right across?

It's called Pool of Pines because of the reflection of the trees in the waters.

After checking out the pine trees lined up in that area, I proceeded to the Wright Park. I saw a lot of manongs selling strawberry taho--- it's a soy-based snack which can also be a good source of protein. Frankly, I find this way too sweet for me. I guess I will still stick to the all-time favorite caramel taho.



This is for P15 per serving. This is way too sweet for me...  :-(




I saw the structure seen above at the end of the Pool of Pines. I think it's more like a place to rest and relax. So here, I ate and savored my strawberry taho...

Yummy!

Then I noticed some great art pieces exhibited by its artist. Sorry but I actually forgot his name. His initials are A. Cayabyab. He sells his paintings depicting Filipino culture and tradition and you can buy his art pieces for P1,500 a piece. It is wayyy cheaper than those expensive ones you see in exhibits in Manila.

These will make any bare wall look amazing. Let s all support Filipino talents.


Look for this artist in Baguio City if you have hotels or restaurants. His works are all oil-in-canvass.
After I indulged myself with all these art pieces, I suddenly began to feel hungry. So I ventured to look for, pinicpican, which is similar to tinolang manok (boiled chicken with ginger, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and some veggies) except that the process by which this dish is prepared is different. The chicken's feathers are torched and not plucked. So the skin will appear dark and well, burnt. It also has less veggies. But still it tastes good especially on a cold day like this one. I found the best tasting pinicpican (as per my cab driver's suggestion) near Baguio Plaza in Sagada Lunch (or something)... They serve it for P70 with rice.

Later that afternoon, I went to Camp John Hay and took a stroll to the Butterfly Sanctuary. According to the caretaker there, butterflies are most active in hotter temperature. They require 30 degrees celsius to e fluttering and active. Since the temp in Baguio was down to less than 15 degrees, they will still. It was as though they were bored and sleepy. So you won't find any flying butterfly here. But the good thing about this is that they are unmoved by any photo ops activity. Deadma lang...

Very bored butterflies in my head, thanks to Tatay Loloy, who carefully arranged them




There are two species of butterflies here. They also breed these here in the sanctuary.

I went to a stroll along the pine tree scented streets of Camp John Hay afterwards. well, I had no choice since there were fewer taxis plying that route. Word to the wise: wear flats. I'm glad I did but I hope I wore shorts so I could have tried the zipline. But I think I still look adorable in my skirt. Shown below when I posed near The Manor, a very posh and classy hotel inside the camp.

tribal printed skirt (which is very F21-ish) from Shopaholic at SM Baguio (P445); tanktop (thrifted)
cardigan from Get Laud (P350),  thin blue belt from Genevieve Gozum (P50)
and sandals from Parisian (P699)

Then I went for a taste of what Choco-Late de Batirol has to offer... will post that tomorrow. 

Byers people! Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment