CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Solo Lakwatsera: Getting Lost in the North 2

I am here sitting in the four corners of my room, reliving the memories of my most amazing solo trip ever. Thank goodness for the creators of the video and pictures, at least that way I can easily close my eyes and go back to that time when I was embraced by the sea and a sea of stars.

After Pagudpud, my new-found travel buddy Ilan coaxed me into cutting the trip into shorter stops. I was hesitant at first knowing that whenever I travel, I give it a good heave and a good go. I do not want to be spending too much time and money cutting the trip shorter. Well, I am glad we did made the stop over in Vigan because as it turns out, it was it's town fiesta last January 25.

Vigan of course was not Pagudpud. Ilan is not exactly a people person (kinda ironic given that he is a pseudo-resident of the world's most populous country, China) but nonetheless, according to him, the crowd gives the city it's 'character'. He wasn't keen on seeing too many cars, though. I wasn't pleased myself. I kinda want to see more kalesa than cars...

We only spent one day in Vigan but it was a great experience. We dined in Cafe Leona, sampling their morcon and then headed to Cafe Uno for tea and mint chocolate. I am a peppermint kinda person so I was craving my mint at that time. He, being English and all, wants his tea.

The following day, I conquered my fear of heights again and went up the tower in Bantay, Ilocos Sur. we rode a kalesa and did all touristy stuff. Of course, Calle Crisologo did not disappoint us. Ilan kept on saying it was as if we were in Spain, with its dry and chilly night air, perfect for outdoor cafes like Cafe Leona.

I could go on and on about this but well, here are the pictures to tell you guys the story.














6 comments:

  1. This trip looked amazing and u look awesome!!!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. I hope you can visit the Philippines, it's amazing here!

      Delete
  2. These pictures are great! Lovely place!
    I love that animal print blouse you are wearing!

    I am your new follower! Hope you'll follow me back!

    xoxo, Oana

    http://genefalsesiprajiturele.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oana. Thanks for following. I am a fan of your blog too.

      Delete
  3. The pictures areNso beautiful.

    I wish I was there

    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete