CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 18, 2011

My Harem Pants Challenge

I know. Harem Pants? You guys might be thinking: What the heck is she talking about? But I do swear by Gabi Gregg's mantra: Make it Work. So if and unless I look at myself in the mirror and cringe at the look I'm seeing, I would definitely step out of the sun in it. And today, I just stepped out in a pair of harem pants.

I bought them cheaply I think a month ago. I had a haul in Baclaran (which personally I think I soo need because retail therapy always works to get me out of the dumps) a few months ago where I bought a pair of floral flats (at  P180 and it amazingly fits me and my cousins), a pair of black semi-flared denims I so love the fit (for P300) and these black harem pants (for P220). At first I was hesitant to buy them because I have read from other bloggers that curvy girls should stay away from any harem pants as much as possible. It is not figure-flaunting and it adds volume. Well, no curvy girls should ever be caught looking twice or even thrice as big as she actually is!

I am bottom heavy, I admit it. I wish I am top heavy like I have bigger boobs, but I don't. Normally when I am chatting and guys would tell me they like curvy girls, I flatly bid them goodbye. I know what they are expecting and honestly, I refuse to be adored merely because of my tits. I have wits, men! That was quite a segue to another possible blog post. LOL! But as I was saying, I wish I weren't bottom heavy but I am. Therefore, harem pants can potentially highlight my thighs, something I am veering away from.

Luckily I found a pair which does not have a lot of hanging fabric and it does not have drop crotch folds in front so I do not have any extra fabric hanging in between my thighs. What my pair have are pretty folds in the sides where pockets are supposed to be.

To balance it out I wore my black tank top and my favorite blue cardigan since I know I'd shiver in the cold at work. As advised by Wikihow ( http://www.wikihow.com/Wear-Harem-Pants ) I wore costume jewelry and my brown wedge to give me added height and to slim down my legs as advised by wiki. LOL!

I took a video of it but for some reason I cannot edit it so I'd just post pics taken by my co-workers. Please comment...thanks. ♥


Tank top: Thrifted; Blue Cradigan: Thrifted; Capri Harem  Pants: Baclaran;
Costume Jewelry:  Thrifted from Manila City Hall area; Wedge: Parisian



A big shout out and ♥ to Kyle de Ocampo and Kimberly Shann Salcedo who took the shots!

1 comment:

  1. Got my first harem weeks ago and like you I hesitated because I'am bottom heavy too. But now, just loving how it works on my hips. I think finding the right size and color is a must to flatter curvy bodies..

    ReplyDelete