CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Baguio Escapade Part 1

It's not the first time I'm headed up north to what is internationally dubbed as "the Summer Capital of the Philippines"--- Baguio City (pronounced as Bag-yow City). I was here when I was 13, and stayed for almost a week at Teacher's Camp. Last time I was here was ten years ago, for a quick org meeting. The difference between those times and this time is well, I'll be travelling alone, that's one. Also, before, somebody plans out the itinerary for me and I've no control as to where and when to go. Now, not only did I plan out everything but I'm shelling out on my own as well. Consider this as a personal treat I owe myself since graduating from law school. I have not had one moment to rest since graduating because I immediately looked for a job. I think I sort of deserved this...

This post will be divided into three parts-- one for each day I stayed in Baguio City. First off, I left Manila via Victory Liner at 11am and reached Baguio City at around 5pm. It was a very foggy afternoon and good thing no accident of whatever nature happened.

It was raining when I arrived in the city. My friend was nowhere to be found so I took the liberty of finding my own transient house to sleep in before it gets too dark and too cold. Luckily I found this place in 42 Cabinet Hills. I stayed there for 2 nights at P350/night.



Guess what? No aircon, no fans. Who needs them? I was cold all through the night though (lamigin kasi)..    :-(

After this, I immediately took a cold shower (yes, no heated shower  :-(  ) and went to SM Baguio for dinner.  By the way, since I don't know the place, I was advised to just take taxi cabs wherever I go. So that part kinda burned a hole in my budget... Anyways, I had dinner at Shakeys while being mesmerized by the lights in the parkview area of the mall.

I got this view and crisp pine-scented breeze. These were free of charge of course.

That's it for now... I'm so tired. Tomorrow, I'm headed to Wright Park, The Mansion, and Camp John Hay. It's gonna be a long day, so, byers...

No comments:

Post a Comment