CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Amid the Stormy Weather

Yes, amid this stormy weather (at the height of Typhoon Quiel), I did this shoot. Well, besides the lack of anything to do and sheer boredom, I was inspired to do a post about what to wear for this rainy times. According to PAGASA (our weather agency), the storms aren't gonna stop lashing the Philippines with another one brewing at the foot of Typhoon Pedring and Typhoon Quiel. It's expected to come next week and is initially dubbed as Typhoon Ramon. Oh, my! I hope they will stop. I also wish there is something bloggers and curvy girls on here can do to help those in need in the northern part of the country.

Anyho, a staple for this kind of weather where its so unpredictable (read: sunny and humid in the morning and it will rain showers in the afternoon), it's safe to don something with a longer sleeves which you can roll when it gets hot. In this sheer nude blouse I thrifted recently, I wore a pink tank underneath that's why it's cozier. It is enough to warm you up and if in case you got caught in the rain, it's easier to dry in a hand dryer in the office restroom. Just arm yourself with any cardigan or shawl if in case it gets too cold for comfort.


I added a brown braided belt to cinch the waist and wore my wedge from Parisian


You can also roll the pants if you need to wade in flood waters. LOL!
I tried that once wearing these wedge.
Angry Bird added color to my all nude-brown ensemble. Bought
this from Genevieve Gozum just because I thought
it was cute.

Another alternative is to wear boots. I was inspired by another fellow curvy blogger from the US (search thestylesupreme in youtube) and am planning to buy boots. She was not that tall and of course she is curvy but she rocked it. In this ensemble, I wore a peacock-printed dress and my crocheted boots, both of which are thrifted. This crocheted boots is perfect because it's not too hot and it can protect you from puddle splashes.






My crocheted boots!

Hope everyone will be safe in their houses now. Be safe everyone!

1 comment: