CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 14, 2011

I SEE SNOW!

So I guess I am the weirdest person on this planet because at this age (which I won't mention. tehehehe!), I am super excited to see snow, and penguins and sea lions. Well, who wouldn't? In tropical Philippines, it is a must-watch event! We don't have any of those mentioned here so when last November 5, 2011, the Manila Ocean Park opened it's doors to our new Antarctica-based friends, I was excited, of course!

I coaxed my friend Marian to come with me. If you remember, me and my law school friends Marian Therese and Christian Zarah agreed to meet more often than usual and this month, we were supposed to go to a relaxing massage or facial. However, unfortunate things happened so Zarah cancelled. I then coaxed Marian to go on a trip to Manila Ocean Park. She has not been there before. I've seen the Oceanarium around two years ago but they added some new attractions lately to usher in the holidays. They also added a Snow Village, a Sea Lion Show and of course, the Penguin exhibit in what they dub as Trail to Antarctica.

This is us, at the entrance of Oceanarium





Check out this puffer fish! It's very poisonous.

This is Marian posing with the fishes. Nakakaduling daw. hehe!


After checking out the several species of fishes and other marine life in the Oceanarium, we went to the Penguin Exhibit and the Snow Slide. I think we were the noisiest group in there because even long after the whole slide was over, we were still laughing our butts out! Way to go, awesome fear of heights!




This is the Humbolt Penguin, a variety that is found in the tip of South America.
Well, actually they live in the South Pole. 

This fellow reminded us of Mumble Happy Feet! So cute!

You can go inside to feed the penguins for P250. The staff will give you two fishes to feed the penguins and you can take your picture while feeding these fellas.


My hair was flown in all directions! Argghh! It's freezing!

Taken in the Snow Village. Marian said she might not go to the US if it's this freezing cold.
It was -15 degrees Celsius inside.

We were not allowed to take any pictures or use our camera while inside the snow village because the cold temperature might damage the gadget. We were given protective coats to stay comfortable. It was a good thing we wore almost-appropriate attire. LOL!

Then we headed to the Sea Lion show. I think there were two shows in the afternoon. The first one started at 2PM and the last show started at 4:30 PM. We went there at 4:30 PM and were entertained by Vincent and Isabelle. The Sea Lion show tickets cost P150 but definitely worth it.

All in all, that was quite an amazing Sunday. Very tiring but great.

Oh, here is my outfit for today...


Pink tank top with full lace back- Surplus Shop; Blazer- Bayo; Leggings; Flats- Penshoppe

2 comments:

  1. I will always find SNOW to be fascinating and I can't wait to experience it someday soon! :) I'm glad you had fun! I love that place too!! :) And I like your bag! :)

    www.honeyandrade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I bet you all had fun! :)

    btw, please join my blog giveaway :)
    http://bit.ly/rWuYJt

    ReplyDelete