CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thrift Adventures

I miss thrifting. The rush of excitement you feel when you get a whiff of that familiar scent of garments kept in boxes and sacks. I know for others that's gross but I think we have cleaner thrift stores in the Philippines not like Salvation Army in the US.

So last Thursday, despite my cough and colds, I hauled my feverish self so I can do thrifting with my friend, Nida. She said she has not gone bargain haunting as well since I left for Manila. She said she missed my 'eye for style'. Aww...

Of course, before you go to any thrift store, it is important to know what you are looking for. Otherwise, you will be overwhelmed. Chances are people go to thrift stores without any idea of what clothing pieces to find (except seasonal items like swimsuits or jackets, as in these times). They are left hauling themselves with second-hand clothes that either don't fit their style or are just plain bad choices. And they will say that they had an awful experience.

For that day, I was looking for a knit skirt, something that is similar to my Baleno thrifted find, anything denim since denims are back and maybe anything polka dotted.

So off we go...

What I wore: Jacket/Blazer- Oxygen; blouse-thrifted; skirt- Baleno; flats-Penshoppe; bangles- Accesorize


and of course, my OS ring!


These rows alone are for bottoms. So if you don't know what you are looking for, you will be swamped!

I found a nice skirt although it wasn't black as I expected. I did not find any polka dot top but my heart stopped when I saw this---



It is a bird print cropped top! Yey! When I wore it with my skirt, it was just perfect. Well, my heart stopped again when I was home inspecting it's labels and all (I am not big on label so I don't check them first). It was from Divided by H&M. Seriously!

After that, we headed to McDo and you know what happened. We sampled Mcflurry Cadbury and my cough worsened.

That's Nida and her chicken

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blog you have


    ==========
    From http://www.checkmyfashion.com/

    An Online Wardrobe for worldwide Fashion Lovers

    ReplyDelete