CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hello 2012!

Yey! It's a few minutes before midnight or should I say, before 2012. Despite plans to go out with some friends, I am stuck here in my room, as always, relieving the past. I chanced upon my very firs New Year article from last year. It made me nostalgic. Haha!

2010 was a good year, I should say, in comparison to this 2011. When I wrote that post, I was hopeful, full of life and all. Well, 2011 pretty much sucked the living daylights out of me. I remember writing about having a great job in 2010. Well, a few months after that, I got bitten by exhaustion from doing that 'great job' and landed another 'great job' I would eventually quit in less than three months.

I was hoping to fall in love again in 2011 and oh, well, I did. Right after the year changed, me and an in despicable ex-boyfriend got together pretty much because we miss having anybody to talk to. I was lured into the same crazy stuff he would pull off just to smitten me. It worked until things turned out for the worst. Well, 2011 did made me cry buckets. At some point I was cursing myself for being a masochist and for just enduring. I don't know... I seem to still find out why I like hurting myself or throwing myself to a sea of daggers.

I don't want to go into details about my misery but all in all 2011 was all about 3 jobs, 2 boyfriends both from a different country, speaking English more frequently than usual, watching my very first 3D movie (Transformers: Dark of the Moon), failing the bar exam, trying to conquer my fear of heights (with a trip to Enchanted Kingdom but I rode the roller coaster with eyes tightly closed), seeing sea lions and penguins for the first time, travelling to Baguio alone, getting my driver's license, knowing how to drive (yey!) and getting more views and subscribers on my blog, Phat Pinay.

I am still hoping for another shot, another lease on life. somehow, all the merriment outside my window and the blasting of firecrackers gives me a feeling of hope that everything will be better. If not, well, there is also the end of the world. Haha! Just kidding!

As always, I am thankful to the people I met and known this year. I may have my bad days but I don't remember them weighing me down that much and I guess it's also because I met a lot of special people who always cheer me up.

I hope to have a new camera and tab by next year so I can blog some more. I am hoping that despite my would-be-busy-for-the-bar sched, I would still manage to find time to blog. I am hoping to rekindle friendships, make them stronger, be wiser and happier. I want to travel abroad and I am hoping I won't be alone.

Here's to a happy New Year everyone! Cheers!



4 comments:

  1. Happy new year!!

    vinayabut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy ng cupcakes!! :) Thanks for visiting!!

    vinayabut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish you all the best in 2012 :) i'm sure the hardships you endured last year was just to prepare you for the greatness ahead, so you'll appreciate all the good things more :)

    xx
    Reg
    www.heyrocketgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Well although 2011 was less than perfect, I'm hoping 2012 will be a fresh start and amazing experiences for you. Boys will come and go but the right one will be there and will never do things to hurt you! Hope you've been enjoying the new year so far.

    Love your blog. I'm a new follower. Hope to hear from you soon!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete