CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 19, 2011

OOTD: Sheer Twist

It's a few days before Christmas and of course, I want to avoid the holiday rush in looking for gifts for my friends, family members and my godkids (inaanak). So, as soon as I finished lunch, I immediately hurried off to the mall to purchase the last batch of my gifts. Haha! Yes, they do come in batches because it's so hard to decide what to give and of course, I'd have to hunt down for bargains. Nobody can deny of course that with the kind of economy we have now, it's still wiser to have a few bucks left when we usher in the new year. But that is not to say that I give them cheap gifts. I just need some time to hmmm...weigh my options.

For my outfit, I wore my sheer salmon (?) top that I thrifted years ago. It has this weird ribbon in the front that you need to tie so it felt like a sailor collared (???!!) top. I bought this for court practice for law school. I found it in my drawers and since sheer is very trendy these days, I have to wear it again! It was like giving it a new lease on life. To be honest, I really don't like this before because of the weird collar. But I love the color and the sheerness (again, ???) of this piece.




Excuse the blurry photos. My mom and auto focus are yet to get acquainted. That is our tree by the way. What do you guys think?


Top- Thrifted; Pants- Red Girl; Watch- Tomato (love the animal print!);
Earrings- random; Flats- Penshoppe

I also wore my oversized silver earrings and I forgot where I got them but whenever I wore them, I'd get noticed. Well, it's blindingly huge so it's definitely hard not to notice. Hahaha!



By the way, one thing that I hate about having to wear polo is how the sleeves would go down especially when its made of satin. No matter how much I try to roll them up, they never seem to sit still and be rolled up perfectly for the rest of the day. Anyways, what I did (in desperation) was I got one of those x-large rubber bands that my dad uses and rolled it in my arms after I made about two rolls of the sleeves. Anyways, I hope I am making sense here but well, the rubber bands are supposed to prevent the sleeves from slipping down.

I also did another trick to that pesky ribbon. I used one of my connector rings and slipped one ribbon in each hole and tied it. Voila! It looks like an instant brooch.







I am loving my new flats by the way. I know I have been wearing flats way too much these days but well, since it's party season again, I'd have another excuse to wear my heels.

Until then everyone! Have you guys finished gift shopping?

Please leave your comments below and I'd appreciate it very much. Byers!

No comments:

Post a Comment