CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

I MADE PASTA!




Ohh! It is already 12:31 AM and I just finished my tutorial inputs. I actually finished it earlier than usual. In case you people are wondering where and what I do for a living, I now work as online English tutor for japanese people of all ages. I love the job and it was a big break from the monotony of very arrogant, rude and irate customers I used to deal with in my previous employments. Yes, I still sleep late but at least the moon is still up. LOL!

This is just a quick post of my breakthrough today. I made pasta!

This is not exactly the first time I made pasta. I used to work at McDonald's, duh! But this is the first time I whipped up a tuna-mushroom combo. This is also the first time I made pasta with white sauce! So for me it is a big breakthrough, especially that the people in the house super loved it.

After I took a shower, I had a hankering for pasta so I looked for anything I can whip up fast. Luckily we had the following:

linguini pasta from my Tita Rubi
a stick of butter we bought yesterday
a pack of All-Purpose cream sitting in the fridge since last month
Carbonara pack sitting in the pantry waiting for this day

I bought tuna this morning (for P140/kilo) and I saw a can of button mushroom so I diced the mushroom and after I boiled the tuna, I shredded it as well.

I used almost one half of that stick of butter and stirred in sliced onions and garlic in a hot wok.
I used some of the juice from the can of mushroom and splashed in 1/4 cup of water as well.


Then I added the mushroom, tuna, carbonara sauce and the cream,  then
allowed it to boil and thicken. I added salt and pepper to taste and that's it!

Well, this is ode to my cousin Jam, who loved pasta so much. We miss your cooking, Jamtot! I know if you see this you will say I did not place any color to the plain white pasta. Sorry, no parsley in sight. Hehe!

Okay, bye! Hope you like this, guys!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks delicious and yummy! I've always like Carbonara :)

    ReplyDelete