CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Bliss




Ahh...it has been so long since I felt this---this light-weight feeling when you wake up every morning. Ohh, yeah, that's one thing I missed the past couple of months, err years. Sleeping when the moon is still shining up above and waking up when the sun is up and everyone is up and about. I'm thinking "ahh..this is how life is supposed to be. This is BLISS.

I did not know how everything happened actually. I had no idea I will be emancipated from the clutter, no to mention all the heart burns and unnecessary emotional baggage I had the month before.

It all started with me finally mustering up the courage to quit my job. Then apologized profusely to this guy I dumped for somebody who professed he "loved me to death" but actually "stabbed me and plunged me to my own demise". Well, so much for karma hitting me so badly I got all bruised up and wounded. So I apologized to this guy but well, luck smiled at me that day. Lady luck gave me my much needed peace of mind and I won his heart back. To this day, I still can't imagine I can call him mine. Don't worry. When I am taught a lesson, I remember it too well. I am never going to be very melodramatic about things. I will guard my heart and use my head. Well, at least at the moment, he is still making me smile and making mushy poems enough to melt my heart.

So, I finally found a guy who loved me back. But I was jobless. So the search for the worthy job began again.

Then I got an awesome text message from a close friend suggesting I apply as online English tutor after probably reading my nth shoutout in Facebook complaining how lousy my ex-job was! I applied for it ad got in! Now, I am living my passion of teaching, under very flexible hours, not to mention the fact that I get my much-deserved respect from my students. I mean, I did not go through hell called "law school" only to be mocked by some person in some foreign country thinking they are better than me all because they want to book Hilton! News flash: Your country is in a freakin' recession! Don't blame us for being hired by your companies because well, after all, we have something you don't. That is a college degree! And get this: I have two of those. So do not go yelling on me 'cause your high school diploma isn't making you cool.

(Deep breather) Funny. When I think about my previous jobs, I totally feel hate and disgust. So getting a job where I am valued for what I have done for them at the end of the day is so "nakakataba ng puso". It makes you feel good when you go to bed at night knowing you helped someone.

On top of that, I have free time in my hands. Well, yeah I may seem to run from one engagement to my tutorial job because I have to be online ahead of time but well, now, I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I can go to places I want to go, see friends I haven't met in a while, and go shopping!

Thank you Lord for giving me the patience to wait for the coming of this day. Thank you so much!

Last Sunday, I met up with my law school buddies Marian and Zarah in Makati's Glorietta 3. We planned to watch Babae sa Septic Tank but I ran out of time so I just let the two of them bond while I went home early for my class at 5pm. But I did not head home without stopping to fill a void I have been wanting to be filled. I needed to go to Forever21 in SM Makati. I may not have the mollah but I totally needed to experience the phenomenon that is Forever21. I have constantly heard the brand from curvy women's blog site and I must experience it on my own.

So I went there and I felt I died and went to heaven. The shop features tribal prints now. (Un)fortunately they did not have much selection of mini skirts in tribal prints otherwise I will surely depart with P2k that day. Hehe! But I will definitely be back...








1 comment:

  1. congratulations on your new job! Wow F21 in Makati, can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete