CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 29, 2011

Long Weekend Galore!

We had a fun (long) weekend. I had fun today! I'm so excited to share with you some of the stuff that I got from a thrift store (I had no idea this meant ukay-ukay until I saw some videos in youtube) haul last week. And I am also psyched to find that Genevieve Gozum in SM Sucat had a Red Hot Sale today and I found myself buying belts for..(gasp!) P50 each. I'll show them to you guys next time coupled with some shots of the ukay clothes I got recently.

For today, let me take this time to thank those people reading my blog. I had no idea people are reading my stuff. My Tita Rubi, who is now based in Alberta, Canada, is reading my posts. Another blogger (feastfulife) who is based in China, is likewise reading my blog. Now, some of my students in Japan are reading my blog and have shared that they are thankful all these were written in English. Of course, my friends are reading these. So, to you guys, I'm so thankful for the support. If you would like to post any comment, you can do so in the blog itself. All you need is a google account. Or you can post all your comments, as usual in my Facebook page.

Now, I'm soo pressured to come up with meaningful stuff to post. I think it's a dilemma most vloggers or bloggers have. But well, while I'm working my wits out, let me show you what made us happy today--- OUR SUMPTUOUS DINNER.

We had Mediterranean chicken, Nido soup and Wicked Oreo for dessert. Delish, right?

I hope I can take credit for the tasty marinade in these babies but well, it's all Magnolia.
It's Mediterranean Chicken Style. Nope, it's not burnt, its the honey or
sugar that melted when we deep fried these.


This amazing chicken made us sit in the dining table and we did not budge until we were all full.

My cousin Jheisha and Melanie had this hankering for vanilla ice cream and wicked oreo for the longest time now. It just so happen that anywhere we go, there is no plain vanilla ice cream. So, their wise heads came up with a good alternative--- Cornetto Vanilla. Cheaper pa!

So after the dinner, the two of them worked on making dessert while I ready myself for my 9pm class.

For those who don't know Wicked Oreo, it's Oreo dipped in pancake mix, deep fried to golden perfection and topped with vanilla ice cream. My friends said this recipe was from Flaming Wings.

Anyways, here's what you guys will need to create this:

We used this pancake mix from Canada but you can use any store-bought mix


Oreo cookies, of course! And water for the mix.. that's it! Oh, and vanilla ice cream

Depending on how many you plan to make, take the right amount of pancake mix and put water in it enough to have the thickness and consistency you see above. No need for eggs. Then dip the cookies into the mix and make sure that they are fully covered. Then fry those babies (i'm mentioning this word for the nth time already! LOL!) in oil. Make sure it's deep fried so the oreos won't stick to the bottom of the pan or wok, depending on what you use.

Then fry them oreos to golden brown



Now, presenting the AFTER and the BEFORE. I used to think the wicked oreos
 kinda look like butchi. LOL!

Top the oreos with vanilla ice cream and there you go! Oppss... sorry for the messy pic 

The whole combination of pancake mix and oreos plus the unexpected coolness/sweetness of the ice cream will totally explode in your mouth. It's a nice twist to the usual pancakes or oreos... but be wary though. Nakakaumay siya. So the most that one can consume is two of these which I think is good for those in a strict diet. LOL!  <3

Okay so that's it for now. It's already 1:30AM. Let me cap off the night with a big kiss! MMwwaaahhh! Hope you loved this post!

Byers!


No comments:

Post a Comment